Monday 28 March 2011

"More tea vicar?"

I do like a nice cup of tea, but for me a china cup and saucer, tea made in a teapot preferably with leaf tea not bags. But looking around the shop the other day at all the fab china cups I decided to count them ? 101 that was not including the 20 I have with scented candles in. After a visit with my good friend Marion last week to the country living show we did chat a bit ? ..... In our local village of wethersfield some tireless people have managed to raise funds over the last few years and have built an amazing new, state of the art pavilion on the playing fields. When i visited on the open viewing weekend recently we where given a lovely cup of tea! but sadly they still have the old miss match not very attractive china........ So we are thinking of holding an afternoon tea. with lots of scrummy cakes on vintage cake stands. tea in vintage teapots, cups and saucers, beautiful hand embroidered tablecloths on the tables and of course bunting... we are hoping to hold this on the day of the royal wedding , all are welcome . I will announce the times etc over the next couple of weeks....have a good week ......Hx


No comments:

Post a Comment