Tuesday 31 May 2011

Chelsea flower show2011



The Chelsea Flower show... for the first time I visited this wonderful event ..

it was a very special birthday for my mum this year so my sister had a fab idea to take her to the Chelsea flower show .

I left home at 6.45am Saturday morning . we arrived there at about 10.20am ...lots of walking ....lots of ooh And aahhh -ing , we headed for the pavilion, the flower stands where amazing the blocks of single species with all colour combinations , the various scents as you walked through, was a wonderful experience.. some of my favourite cottage garden flowers where there in abundance , including Foxgloves, Aquilegia, lupins, and of course roses ..... I loved this 1940`s inspired


vegetable plot. i must say it was the only garden i would love to have taken home and just plonked in my garden.....if only!








My lovely Mum colour co-ordinating with the tulips







the scent on these was wonderful " my favourite spring flower"









I LOVE FOXGLOVES , SO DO THE BEES.....











THESE WHERE NOT SO INSECT FRIENDLY!













SOME OF THESE LOOKED LIKE FIREWORKS.















A NATURAL LOOKING WATER FEATURE

















BIT OF A SHOCK IF YOU FOUND THIS CHOMPING YOUR LETTUCES!!!!!




















THIS LITTLE CHARACTER IS THE CULPRIT THE SNAIL MAKER .. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BUY SOME OF THE BRONZE SCULPTURES BUT MY BUDGET WOULD NOT ALLOW IT .....






















TREE FOUNTAINS






















MY ALL TIME FAVOURITES " BOXING HARES"























































more photos to follow over the next few days.............have a good half term ................Hx



























No comments:

Post a Comment